Hey everyone, it’s been an interesting week in Wisconsin and I’m glad whazzmaster.com had such fine stewards to keep things humming along while I’ve been indisposed. Spacebee does not have what you’d call a Technological Infrastructure in her apartment, so I’ve only been able to check in every few days or so.
It’s just about halftime in the Packer game and what started out as a Hot Start by the Pack has now turned into Shitty Middle. Man, Young Grand Dad is going down in the first week. Weee.
Thursday we Dry Bean’d it and I karaokeed Bust A MOve to a so-so, meh, kinda enthusiastric crowd. Friday was Wedding Day as Spacebee and I attended one of her nurse friend’s wedding and reception. I partied with free Miller Lite and sundry husbands and boyfriends of nurses as Spacebee danced and did shots of Maker’s Mark at the bar. Holy man I think her eyes glazed over when she did that.
We had to wake up early on Saturday to get ready to The EndTimes Tailgate with her entire family and I was feeling like muck so I proposed a Bloody Mary bar. A quick trip to Copps (Copps?!) and we had such mundane items as pickles, olives, and celery along with more exotic prizes like summer sausage and cheddar cheese. I had a delicious (DELICIOUS!) bloody and then we set about cooking 24 brats, 10 burgers, and 6 brat patties. I don’t know where these people grew up, but everyone made fun of me cuz of the brat patties. They’d never heard of them and mocked me. Pfffft. Do I care? No, I just ate three of them with my new pal: CAL. Yes, his name is CAL. For real, not because of video golf.
After the tailgate we headed down to the stadium and it was great to see a Wisconsin game again. I hadn’t seen the new stadium yet and it was pretty good. Our seats were on the 20 yard line across from the new tower of suites (facing The Shell) and it was a good game after a rough first half. We stayed for the Fifth Quarter and Spacebee and I danced in the stands. POLKA! Afterwards we headed over to the ~JORDAN’S~ Big Ten Pub, then Regent Street Retreat, then a side trip to BUCK’S~! before heading back to the Big Ten again. Result: drunkeness.
SO that brings us to today: Spacebee sleeps on the sofa as I watch the halftime show and type this up. Now on to pending business:
- I’m tentatively signing the lease on the Tobacco Row apartment on Monday. We went to see it on Friday and it’s pretty swanky; it’s a corner unit with a balconey. There will be plenty of room for whoever wants to crash there.
- I need to get a hold of rumsey and o’neil for a meeting of the minds. Preferably there will be dinner and/or booze involved.
- KURT VAN RYZIN IS COMING TO TOWN! I’m so excited! I’m so excited! I’m. So. Scared!
- Madddddddddddddd, sorry I didn’t call you. If you want to come down here one day it could be Wednesday night cuz I don’t have anything to do on Thursday. Spacebee said you could sleep at her place since you’ve let her crash in your house so many times. KINDNESS REPAID!
- I think it’s funny that LuchaLumps has been put in Team Girlfriends. That’s a dude I work with at Intuit.
- Recruiting starts Tuesday and then interviews are on Wednesday. I’m absolutely getting a good night’s sleep on Tuesday night.
- If Tim Hobson is reading this, I talked to a Mountain View-to-Madison transplant at the tailgate yesterday and got the hot tip on some good coffee in this burg. It’s called EVP and they supposedly have some Peet’s-level stuff. I’m gonna go try it out later today.
HOLLLLARIT Quince! Second half is starting.