“Costs” not being content with mere noun-dom, but taking on verb connotations as well in this case. As the days tick by and I lie in my underwear watching UFC on my computer it strikes me that such activities are terribly inefficient at actually preparing all my shit to be moved across town & country. My solution: get off my ass and make a list. Several days later check it between 2 and 3 times. Several days later: start ticking shit off the list. Today was a banner day in Crossing-Shit-Off-The-List:
- Purchased a rear-hatch bike rack for my truck. So now I can strap my swanky bike to it and move back to somewhere where I can go camping with it and… stuff.
- Purchased a trailer hitch for my truck (to tow a trailer with all my crap in it). Should be installed on Monday barring any delivery misfortunes. Boethius knew what he was talkin’ bout with them misfortunes.
- Reserved a 6’x12′ trailer for the trip on Nov 1st.
- Verbally informed the apartment company that I’m moving out; I have to submit a written notice tomorrow.
- Brought home 10 big boxes I was given at work to start packing.
- Invented my “Take one thing to the garbage every day” Rule that will hopefully allow me to get rid of some junk.
- Got confirmation yesterday that Rock Chalk will take some of my furniture off my hands to go in her new house. Apparently her puppy gets a bit overzealous in eating things like furniture. Also, Rock Chalk runs marathons now, FYI. Cal, you should totally challenge her to a footrace through the Adirondacks.
And that’s a pretty good list for a day and a half. I need to get my furniture listed on cragslist so various loons can come look at it while I wish they would leave my house, but worst case scenario I chop all my stuff up with a giant axe and then throw it out the third story window. It could be worse, case in point I feel like a carefree jaybird compared to what Ronni is going through moving to New York. Say lah vee.