As I sit astride the lines
dividing states and thoughtful times,
rhyming this and that with wit, thinking of when maddddd was fit,
it occurs that all this time: OHHH MY GAWD, TWAS TURPENTINE!
Well ladies and germs, I made it to Madison, WI. I’m sitting in my new apartment, which is not unlike Jay-Z’s in its devastating “coolness” and bling-blung. I bought a lot of stuff in the last two days, including a new luxurious mattress to sleepy-peep on and a couch/entertainment center/coffee table (with the coffee table being a gracious housewarming gift from the parents). It’s 9:40a local time (7:40a Pacifica-time) and I’m a-waitin’ for the ol’ cable guy to come hook me up with a plethora of goodies including tee-vee, interweb, and VOIP-a-licious phone action. I will be dialing into my first Over-Tha-Phone standup meeting at 11:30a this morning and it’s gonna rock. Just got caught up with my email and bloggy goodness via a hijacked (read: pirated) open wireless access point somewhere in my building. Sometimes I love being smarter than the av-er-age bear, eh boo-boo? er, madddddddddddddd?
“How was the trip?!” the greek whazzmaster chorus exclaims.
“Shut up, you.” I respond, “I’m talkin’.”
The trip was tremendous, if by tremendous you mean “full of tremors of fear that I’m about to get swept off a mountain cuz dear old dad’s swinging the trailer around the road like a bolo in the rain being swung by some… uh, i dunno, wet bolo champeen or something.” We were supposed to go 4 days strong but when we reached Cheyenne, WY at 1:30p on Day Two we looked at each other, then looked at Cheyenne, then looked at each other, then said, “Let’s get out of this shithole.” We made a break for Omaha, where we done stayed the the night. That place lives up to the poker game it got it’s name from: motherfucking confusion at first, then careful recognition that it’s complexity hides something to like. At any rate, I thought we were getting an awesome room rate right up until the river when the front desk hit a two-outer and overboated us. Fuck. We had to pay full price for the room.
Wyoming is boring.
Then we hit Wisconsin and I was happy as a clam. After incredibly driving across all of Wyoming on Friday morning, and then all of Nebraska Friday afternoon we reached Madison a day early and were able to get the truck unloaded by 5pm Saturday. Then on Sunday a veritable army showed up in the form of my mother, grandmother, sister, brother, and fiancee-in-law. They, in addition to my dad, helped me unload the entire trailer in one hour, and then unpack and put away everything within another two hours. By 1pm we were all eating a healthy lunch at Old Chicago. I hit BB&B for some essentials and then went and bought a living room set (to be delivered on Nov. 14) We capped off the day of unloading, unpacking, and shopping with a good old fashioned family meal at The Old Fashioned (accompanied by the lovely spacebee, of course). I had the pork sangwich: delicioso.
A couple of notes:
- Rumthumb: sorry I didn’t answer last night, I was in the middle of confusion when you called. We shall get together at the earliest convenience for cocktails and stories.
- All: I have whazzmaster-named The Jacobses child “grace-o”. I suggest you get used to me abusing my authority.
- Bellygirlx: mucho congratulaciones on your win. You alone control the destiny of literally dozens of 300 pound monster men; how does that feel? Make it so they wear tu-tu’s to the next home game.
- cracksmoke: haha, your precious bears lost. suck it.
- cal: It feels weird that I don’t live in the same state as you anymore, but I’ll probably get over it.
- maddddddddddddddd: good to see you kept everyone in line when I was away. In return, you are hereby welcome in my house whenever I am here, and even when I am not IF:
- You can somehow jimmy the balcony door open, and…
- you don’t take anything valued at over $14.99.
- wwhazz: this is the fucking life
- ktk y k-car con hadley: hi! hope to see you folks soon!
- alls my peeps in california: HOLLLARIT, and thanks for the hoespitality
More to come as it develops, I need to finish my coffee and ready myself for my first online meeting. Seeyuz.
PS– I’ll have photographics of the trip and my new place once my main computer is up n running. Right now I’m on my work laptop.