Well, the pitching was pretty much as bad as we all feared and we got the season-long apology started early by Suppan and Macha– Brewers fell to the San Francisco Giants 10-6 yesterday in the season opener. The flip side is that we saw some really good hitting against a solid (if off-night) performance by Lincecum. It suggests that if our pitchers can limit the home runs and triples they give up we’ve got a good chance to put some runs on the board. Other items, in random order…
- I want Bill Hall to do good every time he’s up, and he mostly disappoints
- The FSN guy running the on-screen scoreboard was fucking drunk or crazy. Several times when a team scored a run they lost points on the scoreboard.
- The Main Depot was not a prticularly exciting place to watch the game– pretty much me and the bartender were the only people really excited about the beginning of the season.
- Suppan would have gotten a gold star for his RBI/run scored had he not lost the game for us on the mound.
- Watching Hart and Braun strike out consecutively with runners in scoring position to end the inning was disheartening to say the least.
Wwhazz and I are retreating to a secret location to watc tonight’s game. Let’s put Suppan behind us and see what Yovanni can do with the ball…