And now for my semi-random feature: what is Zach playing. Once again my games plate is overflowing. I’m switching back and forth quite a bit…
- Jay got me a copy of Darksiders for xmas– I think I’ve gotten too used to carebear tutorials in new games because the first stage of this game kicked my goddamn shit. The story, graphics, and everything else are awesome, but I’m still wary of games that have so many actions that important ones (that I need to use to survive) are mapped to things like: Use left control stick towards enemy and right bumper while pressing X. All that means is that when I need to do something important my dude spazzes out while I try to figure out the button combos. Then he usually dies. I’ll report back more when I’ve played it.
- After much, much prodding and watching Jay play it a million times I started to try to play League of Legends. It’s like eleventy dimensional chess; 5v5 fights on a (deceivingly) simple map where you choose from one of 40 champions or so. All of them have different abilities, all of them work differently in different team-ups/match-ups, and as with any competitive internet game is filled with arrogant douchebags.This a video where someone explains how to control spacing fer christs sake.
- Patch 3.3 of World of Warcraft dropped in early December when I was in California. They added a mechanic for doing cross-server grouping for dungeons that is real easy. Match that with the fact that they buffed those dungeons to have awesome rewards and I’ve been running at least one a day.
- Playing a lot of Defender Chronicles on my iPhone when I’m just siting around. Awesome game.
- I got to the very end of Dragon Age: Origins but didn’t finish it; I just petered out in the last dungeon for whatever reason. Maybe I’ll finish at some point.
- Almost forgot! Steam was having a sale after Xmas and I was able to get Torchlight for $4.99, which is just a Saint Vinnies bargain for what you get. A really cool simple dungeon crawl game.
Lots of deadlines at work this week, and wwhazz/belly are going to be on vacation. Cal’s new year enthusiasm will have to carry us through on its own.
Also, for those that read down this far on my posts: wiki.whazzmaster.com